Cloudboostr 1.5.0: The Latest Release of Multicloud Enterprise Kubernetes
With the latest upgrade, Multicloud Enterprise Kubernetes provided by Grape Up enables its users to leverage Kubernetes 1.19, delivered by Kubespray instead of CFCR, which is the first step of migrating from BOSH.
Cloudboostr is developed as a complete Kubernetes stack that empowers enterprises to deliver applications to the cloud in the most effective way. The latest updates meet customer needs and improve workload management.
What’s new in Cloudboostr 1.5.0
With the latest release, Cloudboostr customers receive updates of the Kubernetes and key tools building the stack:
- Kubernetes – upgrade to version 1.19.7
- Helm – upgrade to version 3.5.2
- Ubuntu – upgrade to version 20.04
- Open Distro – upgrade to version 1.13.1
Along with the upgrades listed above, Cloudboostr 1.5.0 uses Kubespray as a replacement to previously used CFCR, which helps to remove limitations related to the latest version restricted by the BOSH release.
How these updates improve workload management
- Embracing Kubernetes 1.19, Cloudboostr users can leverage the
kubectl alpha debugcommand, handle Windows workloads easier with RuntimeClass (from version 1.18), or migrate the volumes with support for CSI migration for Azure/vSphere.
- In addition, this version graduates Ingress and seccomp to GA and adds support for TLS 1.3.
- Ubuntu 20.04 and Open Distro improve performance and security and deliver new features and most recent tool versions.
- By moving from CFCR to Kubesprey, the Cloudboostr team empowers users of the platform to gain access to support not only for flannel but also for many network plugins like Calico or Cilium. With them, NetworkPolicies are now supported by default.
- Kubespray allows users to make use of better community support and more flexible customization options. In addition with Kubespray, users do not have to wait but they can try out the newest Kubernetes versions right after they are released.
Cloudboostr is constantly developed and leverages powerful tools that build the platform. Future upgrades will be implemented accordingly to customer needs and changes on the market.