Java Cloud Developer
Software Development |
Grape Up is a consulting & technology company, that helps the world’s leading enterprises deliver their most impactful software by bringing together AI, cloud-native technologies, and a unique approach to software delivery.
Grape Up enables enterprises from the most competitive industries such as automotive, insurance, finance, and telecommunication to reduce time-to-market for new products and services, build AI-powered, cloud-native applications and transform legacy software into modern apps.
Join our R&D center in Prague and have a real impact on the way every project is developed and delivered. Together with engineers from our other locations, you will cooperate directly with customers from the USA and Western Europe. Your advice will directly affect customers’ decisions regarding technologies and solutions. We are looking for a flexible person who reacts and adapts quickly to changes. We appreciate lifelong learners and explorers eager to innovate.
- Design and build Cloud-Native Applications using Java and Spring on top of PaaS platforms (e.g. AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Create world-class solutions using modern microservices-based architectures
- Leverage of DBs (NoSQL, SQL), storage, APIs into cloud applications and integrate with external services
- Work in Agile methodologies (XP/pair programming, Scrum, Kanban)
- Research, recommend, and integrate solutions to solve architectural and development challenges
- Make technical and design decisions for microservices projects
- Ensure designs meet performance, security, usability, reliability, and scalability requirements
- At least 3 years of professional experience in: ‣ Spring and Java (in particular: Spring Boot ‣ Spring MVC ‣ Spring Data ‣ Spring Security) ‣ Intellij ‣ Git ‣ Maven ‣ CI servers ‣ Confluence (or other wikis) ‣ JIRA (or other trackers) ‣ code review tools ‣ SCA tools ‣ writing unit and integration tests (TDD, Spock, JUnit)
- Knowledge of web applications design principles and microservice-based architecture
- Very good command of English for daily communication with the client’s team
- “A match to our culture”- a team player with strong communication skills, focusing on what brings value, eager to drive change by taking the initiative and caring for an open and friendly atmosphere
Nice to have
- Familiarity with: solutions such as ‣ Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes ‣ virtualized infrastructure and IaaS solutions such as ‣ AWS or ‣ OpenStack or ‣ VMware ‣ vSphere ‣ Docker (or other containers) ‣ GraphQL ‣ MongoDB ‣ Redis ‣ design patterns and performance tests
- Experience in JMS queues and Kafka messaging systems
- Experience or willingness to learn React and other frontend technologies
It's a great opportunity to work on various modern projects using cutting-edge technologies in a great environment where you can continuously exchange knowledge with highly professional experts and improve your expertise.
3 400 - 4 750 EUR
Your benefits on this position
Integration activities & trips
Wellbee mental health support
Position is held by
Feel that you fit right in?